Monday, October 24, 2005

beryllium 2002

i taught at the philippine science high school for 7 years. i had the chance to mingle with the country's best...well, that's what they said... here are the pictures of beryllium 2002, i found them when i was cleaning up my files in my old pc. these baby pictures were intended to be included in an album i planned to give them before graduation. unfortunately, i didn't have enough time to finish it.

hey be '02, if you ever come across this blog, email me at leinesworld@yahoo.com, i'd love to hear form you guys again.








BERYLLIUM 2002

Homeroom Report

Anna Leah D. Casela – Adviser

Beryllium’s homeroom sessions did not follow the strict regimen of the workbook given by the guidance office. The homeroom’s thrust was on building a good working relationship within the section. I learned, as their adviser, that some of them had ill feelings towards their classmates and some of them even resented the fact that they would have to spend the rest of their high school life with them. But that was the first quarter!

As their adviser, I suffered from shock as they were not the same as my last advisory class, Photon ’98. I didn’t want to compare but their actions were something I thought I could never live with. They were irresponsible, slow and almost always got into trouble. But that was the first quarter!

Second quarter came and things got a bit brighter for everybody. What with my tactless comments of them not really being my advisory class and preferring Lithium over them. They tried so hard and our struggle was great but we made it.

Ramayana proves this point. Theirs was a Ramayana with a twist…and turn….and a jerk! Their effort in putting together such an event showed me that they are not irresponsible, they are not slow…..but, well, they still almost always got into trouble! That started the lucky streak because on the third quarter we won the most coveted Paskorus!

But then the fourth quarter gave us the chill. Their academics were waning and it seemed to me that they really weren’t doing anything about it. We were missing lots of our homeroom classes because of tests and evaluations, seminars and meetings. We tried to make up for it by having a ballroom session with Mang Manding Turla before the prom. We had a blast! And yes, the prom was a success!

I mentioned something about their academics. Well, it sad to note that I will be losing one of my kids next year. Wally got a 5.0 in Physics. Three of my other kids are in danger of being dismissed as well (Ronnel, Julius, and Michie). I think the three are working on a scheme with the school, I hope they make it next year.

Well, as a whole this year was a great year for me… I hope it is the same way with my kids. I will miss them but I’m sure they’ll still be around!

Prepared by:

Anna Leah D. Casela

Beryllium ’02 Adviser

No comments: