Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The food was great, the FO sucks!

Smack at the center of Cebu City lies the formidable Crown Regency Hotel and Towers. Housing the famous Sky Walk and Edge Coaster, it is accessible t the major points of commerce and recreation. The facilities and amenities are great, the food was great too.

Unfortunately, their front office staff are INCOMPETENT. I stayed there for 3 days and I had several encounters with them. They never look up and greet you (like most FO would do); I even wonder if they know English because when I talked to them it takes a while before they respond (if ever they do). I was expecting that they are trained to welcome inquiries (man, they can't even answer yes or no! They would simply shake their heads!)

On our first night we needed a room list for our wards, my companion requested for the list before dinner time (7:00 pm); she was told that it would be photocopied and given to her immediately. We got that list at 10pm! And only after my companion expressed her irritation at the incompetence of the staff. Then the senior manager approached us and said that he was the cousin of this and that. That he was a member of this international organization...who cares? What matters is the training that they provide to their FO. I even asked him if the FO are ojts, he was very proud to say that they are full time staff. Then Terry, you should train them well! They act as if they are trainees.

The housekeeping staff are also very slow...of course they would claim that there are a lot of guests...but hey, shouldn't they be equipped to serve all guests? It is not the guests' fault that they did not hire more staff.

On our last day I asked for a permanent marker because they did not allow our package in the room. I went to the FO and I had to call out to the staff 2 times before they even looked at me. And the only response I got was a shaking head. No utterance whatsoever! I have tried checking in at a SOGO hotel in Alabang when I needed to attended a wedding in Laguna, and their FO personnel were far better than the ones I encountered at the Crown Regency Hotel and Towers Cebu.

No comments: