Monday, September 06, 2010

4 things to remember about me


1. I can read people like I do books. I can see if they are good or if they are just faking it. I can even tell if they are lying no matter how sweetly they talk to me. One thing is for sure, the sweeter the talk the nastier the bite. You can never pretend when you are with me. I may not say anything but it doesn't mean I don't know what you are doing.

2. I have been around longer than some of you and I have met so many people in my journeys. I have been called by many names some nasty, some downright rude. But I don't mind them as long as I know I stand on solid ground. I know when I am wrong. I don't apologize all the time but it doesn't mean I don't do anything about it either. If I know I have to change I do...but I don't have to tell anybody.

3. I don't need too much recognition. Once in a while will do fine as long as it's not forgotten. It's not about feeding the ego, however, it's about feeding the soul. If you hear some encouraging words once in a while you would feel better about a lot of things. You may even learn to let go of some petty grudges.

4. Once I say “I love you” you can be sure I will be with you in all circumstances. I will support you and I will defend you. BUT it doesn't mean that I will condone your actions. My support for you will come not only in loving words but also in reprimand.

No comments: